The Italy Convention Bureau, the new body tasked to coordinate the promotion of Italy as a venue for all kinds of events from the abroad markets, was officially founded June 18, 2014 in Florence.
The project was sponsored by all of the Italian associations representing tourism and congress companies – Confesercenti-Assoturismo, ConfturismoConfcommercio, Federalberghi, Federcongressi&eventi, and Federturismo-Confindustria. The project was met with the full agreement of the national tourist office.
The Convention Bureau is directed by a management committee composed by eight persons appointed by the companies taking part in the network. They are:
– Giancarlo De Venuto and Paolo Mazza, representing Assohotel/Confesercenti
– Alberto Corti, representing Confturismo-Confcommercio
– Giuseppe Roscioli, representing Federalberghi
– Carlotta Ferrari and Paolo Novi, representing Federcongressi&eventi
– Annarosa Miele and Giorgio Palmucci, representing Federturismo/Confindustria
– Carlotta Ferrari was unanimously elected President of Italia Convention Bureau
The Convention Bureau will enhance business opportunities, promote Italy as a MICE destination, coordinate and represent the Italian offer as well as spread the culture of the MICE industry through proper training.
“It’s an important milestone, which I do not hesitate to call historic, reached at the end of a very quick way and supported by an adhesion which goes beyond any expectations and is scheduled to grow rapidly,” said Carlotta Ferrari, President of Italia Convention Bureau.
Italia Convention Bureau, www.conventionbureau.it