CroisiEurope is now offering an original 10-day cruise stretching from Amsterdam to Avignon. The new itinerary offers a unique opportunity to discover the best of the Rhine and the Rhône, two of Europe’s most legendary rivers. During this cruise people will be introduced to charming towns and historical sites throughout the interwoven country-sides of Holland, Germany and France. An array of optional onshore excursions are available to discover the cultural heritage and local landscapes that define these regions. Prices for this 10-day cruise, with April to September 2014 departure dates, begin at $1,824 per person double, with the option of adding on excursions.
Highlights of the trip include:
- Sailing through the waterways of Holland, Germany and to the south of France along the famous Rhine and Rhône rivers;
- Experiencing the rich 17th century architectural heritage of Amsterdam at night by glass covered riverboat;
- Exploring the Aachen Cathedral, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the oldest cathedral in Northern Europe while visiting Germany;
- Discovering Avignon, the City of Popes, and the fortified Palace of the Popes, a citadel surrounded by ramparts and perched on a rocky outcropping over the river;
- Dining on expertly prepared French cuisine with drinks including wine and beer, during on-board meals as well as drinks served at the bar (excluding champagne and wines on the wine list).