The South American winter from June to October might be the best time to travel to Chile. Skiers and snowboarders head south in search of the endless winter at Andes Mountain ski resorts such as Valle Nevado, yet many travelers also come for the incredible deals offered at some of the country’s best luxury properties – while still enjoying the mild Mediterranean climate of Chile’s Central Valley and the Atacama Desert’s year-round sunny weather.
Travelers can find deals at the urban hideaway The Aubrey in Santiago, rated one of Latin America’s most exciting and up-and-coming cities; the Hotel Palacio Astoreca in Valparaíso, the UNESCO Heritage City known for its culinary and art scene; the Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa in San Pedro de Atacama, a lunar-like wonderland and stargazing epicenter; and Valle Nevado Ski Resort, the country’s largest and most modern ski resort. Best of all, the destinations can be accessed in less than 2 hours by vehicle or domestic flight from Santiago.
- 20% off all direct bookings at The Aubrey in Santiago through September 30, 2013. Offer includes lodging, breakfast, complimentary pisco sour at the Piano Lounge & Bar and afternoon tea served daily in the Dining Room. Guests who book direct can also pre-purchase day passes to the nearby Valle Nevado Ski Resort at 15% off the normal price.
- 20% off a 1-night stay at the Hotel Palacio Astoreca and 35% off the price of the second night in a 2-night stay through August 31, 2013. Offer includes lodging, breakfast and welcome drink served in the piano bar or on the terrace with sweeping views of the Valparaíso harbor, as well as unlimited spa access featuring a sauna and slate-lined heated pool.
- Book a stay at the Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa from July 1 to Sept. 13 and take advantage of one of these promotional offers (Promotions cannot be combined).
- 15% off on stays of 3 nights or more.
- -One child (0-17) free with one paying adult.
- -Single traveler pays double occupancy rate.
- Honeymoon Package at the Alto Atacama Desert Lodge & Spa. Buy 4 Nights and Receive 1 Night Free. Rates until August 31, 2013, per person: USD $2080. Rates from September 1, 2013, until March 31, 2014, per person: USD $2,300. Blackout dates include Sept. 18-19 holiday (long weekend), Christmas and New Year’s. In addition to lodging, meals and excursions, honeymooners also receive:
- Welcome sparkling wine and flowers.
- $120 credit total to be applied on spa treatments in room.
- Private Andean Astronomic Tour at the lodge’s observatory.