Travelers can explore the magic of Kosrae Island and Kosrae Village while taking advantage of United Airlines new Visit Micronesia reduced airfare package. Kosrae Island is located halfway between Hawaii and Australia in the heart of the tropical Pacific and offers adventure, pristine paradise and a peaceful escape from overcrowded tourist spots.
Kosrae Village, an eco-lodge and dive resort located on Kosrae Island offers guests an authentic island experience, and at a great value for those that take advantage of United Airlines new special airfare package. Guests can enjoy accommodations in traditional Kosraen “lohms”, or cottages that were built by local craftsmen using sustainable building practices and materials.
Travelers sleep just steps from ocean’s edge in elevated, palm-thatched cottages. Nestled beneath mangrove, pandanus, and palm trees, accommodations, a PADI 5-star dive center, and the island’s top restaurant are connected by candlelit pathways. In addition to world-class diving, guests can enjoy hiking to ancient ruins or through the island’s jungles, kayaking, canoeing, swimming, snorkeling and more.
Details of the Visit Micronesia include:
Visit Micronesia fare is available for ticketing Dec 1, 2012 – March 31, 2014
· It can be used for travel beginning February 14, 2013.
· Travelers cannot live in the Micronesia region. (i.e. The Commonwealth of the Marianas, Guam, Palau, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of the Marshall Islands or Hawaii).
· The ticket must be purchased outside of the Micronesia region and must be purchased before the trip begins
· Travel on United or United Express must begin outside of the Micronesia region.
· The ticket number for the trip to Guam or Hawaii must be cross referenced on the Visit Micronesia ticket
· The Visit Micronesia fare provides a discount fare with multiple stops (2 – 5 islands, depending on the ticket purchased) for travel to the Marshall Islands, Micronesia, CNMI and Palau. The turnaround island is included in the number of stops.
· The first stop must be scheduled when the ticket is purchased, but the rest can be left open. The traveler has 30 days to complete their travel on the Visit Micronesia ticket.
· There is a $250 fee for refunds and changes made by the issuing agency (United or your travel agent) before departure. After departure this fare is not refundable or changeable.
· These fares aren’t available online. Since these tickets have many possible combinations of routes and islands to be visited, travelers need to purchase the ticket through a travel agent or by calling a United reservations agent.