This winter, Zegrahm Expeditions is taking adventure travelers to the ends of the Earth with the company’s upcoming Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falkland Islands expedition.
With remarkable scenery, abundant wildlife, and a history rich with heroic exploits, guests can experience the following touring Antarctica with Zegrahm Expeditions:
– See the Light – Zegrahm’s Antarctica expedition is ideally timed during the height of the austral summer so there is plenty of daylight to spend exploring.
– Wonderful Wildlife – Adventurers will encounter amazing wildlife such as gentoo penguins, elephant seals, and the allusive albatross.
– Explore by Zodiac and on Foot – Most big cruise ships don’t offer landings on the Great White Continent itself. Zegrahm’s fleet of Zodiacs provides the ability to explore at a moment’s notice.
– Expert Leaders – Zegrahm cofounders, Peter Harrison and Shirley Metz, are joining the Antarctica expedition. Peter is considered one of the world’s foremost expert on seabirds, while Shirley is credited as the first woman to ski overland to the South Pole.
– Clipper Adventurer – This 110-passenger expedition ship offers fine dining, outside cabins with ensuite facilities, and is equipped with stabilizers and an ice-hardened hull.
Zegrahm’s Antarctica, South Georgia & the Falklands expedition takes place January 2-23, 2013 and is priced from $15,980 per person.
Zegrahm Expeditions, 800-628-8747, www.zeco.com